Top 10 (more or less) Signs You are about to be Laid-off
- The CEO has just said the recent layoffs were the final ones and no future downsizing is planned.
- Your office manager and an interior designer walk through your office areas jotting down notes and measuring space.
- You just finished a very big project and are temporarily researching new technology absolutely critical for the company's future.
- Your internal customers stop returning your calls for clarifying information.
- You and fellow programmers are told to be sure that all code is under version control.
- The company just opened a new branch office in India.
- The new computer you were promised this month was unexpectedly delayed, but it will be here soon.
- The IT guys sent out a mass email saying the 'password server' is down, so don't call them if someone can't login.
- All your vacation time showed up as cash on this week's paycheck.
- Everyone in the office is asked to update their personnel records.
- Your boss says that she needs to learn everything you do.
- Lots of packing boxes appear mysteriously in the mail room.
- You are closing on your new house in a week.
- When you walk into the office in the the morning an armed guard is in the lobby reading the newspaper.
Bonus Content:Top Ten Signs Your Boss Has Found Another Job and is Leaving
- Unexpectedly gets cheerier
- Comes into work late and leaves early
- Used to be interested in every detail of your work, now justs says, "That looks great!" and moves on